IF you don’t regain control of your life, it’ll always feel like other people and external circumstances control it. Regaining control of your life requires controlling your mind and regulating your thoughts. Choose to focus on things that play a massive role in how your life works out.
No matter the circumstances, you can stay in control of your life. It all starts with controlling your thoughts and then your actions. As you regain control, you’ll begin to live the life of your dreams, helping improve all areas.
However, it’s sometimes hard to regain control when you aren’t thinking about beneficial things. When you struggle to take control of your thoughts and life, reading inspirational quotes can help. The words of wisdom from others who have been in your situation can make all the difference.
These phrases are ones you should never forget as they’ll help you regain and maintain control. The life lessons can help you shift your mindset and refocus on the essential things in your life. Then, you can regain control and focus on living the life of your dreams.
Fifteen Phrases Never to Forget to Regain Control of Your Life
1. “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Whether other people tell you that you can’t do something or your inner thoughts, you must persevere. Don’t give in to the voices telling you that you can’t do something or you won’t have control of your life.
Instead, when someone tells you that you can’t do something, show everyone that you can. Once you prove the voices wrong, you won’t hear them anymore, allowing you to do whatever you desire.
2. “I found that every single successful person I’ve ever spoken to had a turning point, and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15, and some people make it at 50, and most never make it at all.” – Brian Tracy
As Tracy explains, you must have a turning point in your life where you decide to make a change. If you want to become successful and achieve your dreams, regaining control of your life is essential. The turning point is when you decide to take back control and live by your own rules.
Everyone reaches this point in their life at different ages, so don’t assume it’s too late for you. You can start making the most of your life at any given moment.
3. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
When you think you have no power, you aren’t likely to regain control. You must believe that you are powerful and can manage any situation in your life. If you can remember this quote, you’re sure to maintain control of your life.
4. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
Reacting the same way every time something happens shows that you aren’t in control. Instead, it indicates that you are trapped in the past, repeating the same detrimental habits. Ruminating causes you to lose control, and you can’t get it back until you learn to let go.
Remember this quote so that you can make positive life changes. When you do, you’re sure to switch your mindset, take back control of your life, and move forward.
5. “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
If you want to control your life, you must go after you want. You can’t sit at home, wondering why everyone else receives opportunity and you don’t. Being in control requires you to get out into the world and work hard for what you want.
When you chase your goals, you’ll experience many opportunities you wouldn’t have otherwise. The opportunities will allow you to continue growing and becoming a better version of yourself.
6. “Don’t let someone else control what you do in life. It’s your decisions, your outcomes, your life.” – Unknown
When you let others control what you do, you no longer hold power in your life. You must take the control back and start making decisions for yourself. Then, each outcome in your life will result from your hard work, determination, and desires.
7. “You can’t just hope for happy endings. You have to believe in them. Then do the work, take the risks.” – Nora Roberts
While it’s good to be hopeful, you must go beyond that. When you hope for happy endings, it is essential that you also believe in happy endings. As Roberts explains, you also must be willing to put in the work and take risks along the way.
8. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
When you focus all of your energy on wanting to control things you can’t, it causes you to lose control of your life right now. If you find that this is a problem for you, make a conscious decision to change your mindset and regain control. Take a moment to consider what you have power over before putting in any time or energy, and you’ll notice a quick improvement.
9. “You’ve got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you’re not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.” – Steven D. Woodhull
There are an endless number of choices you can make in your life. If you feel like you have no joy or reason to wake up in the morning, you must make a change.
Remember this phrase and make a conscious effort to make better choices. You have control over everything you do, and when you do what makes you happy, your life will improve.
10. “Don’t settle. Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.” – Chris Brogan
Do you want to regain control of your life? Then don’t settle for anything less than you deserve and desire. There’s no reason to waste your time or energy doing things that don’t make you happy.
As Brogan explains, you don’t have to finish things you don’t enjoy. You also don’t have to stay somewhere you don’t want to be. Additionally, you can change your life path anytime if you decide you want something different.
11. “No one has power over you unless you give it to them, you are in control of your life, and your choices decide your own fate.” – Unknown
When you feel like someone else controls your life, it’s because you gave them the power to do it. It’s time for you to take back the control and start making decisions for yourself. Remember that every decision you make determines your future, so don’t let anyone take power.
12. “You get older, and you learn there is one sentence, just four words long, and if you can say it to yourself, it offers more comfort than almost any other. It goes like this: At least I tried.” – Ann Brashares
Sometimes you feel like your life is out of your control because things didn’t turn out the way you’d hoped. However, as long as you try, you are in control and hold the power over your life. It’s only when you let your fear, worry, or lack of motivation stop you from trying that you have a problem.
13. “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” – Robert Tew
Part of regaining control requires that you respect yourself. You can’t stay in detrimental situations if you want power over your life. Instead, assess everyone and everything in your life and determine what serves you, helps you grow, or makes you happy.
14. “Success is hastened or delayed by one’s habits. It is not your passing inspirations or brilliant ideas so much as your everyday mental habits that control your life.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
Your daily habits determine your chance of success in life. You can have many great ideas and moments of inspiration, but it won’t help if you don’t make hard work a habit. Continually working toward what you want and need are the only ways to regain control of your life.
15. “You only have control over three things in your life – the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions your take.” – Jack Canfield
If you can remember this quote from Canfield, you’re sure to take control of your life. All you need to know is that you can control your thoughts and actions.
Final Thoughts on How to Take Back Your Power: 15 Phrases Never to Forget
Everyone experiences times in their lives when they feel like things are out of their control. These phrases can help you regain control and start living for yourself again. If you can remember these words of wisdom, you’ll stay focused on the essential parts of your life.
Putting these life lessons in an area, you’ll see often can help you remember. You could put your favorite phrase in your workspace, bedroom, bathroom, or anywhere else you’ll notice it.■
[Courtesy: Sarah BARKLEY// Power of Positivity]